Sunday, September 20, 2009

Duking It Out With Comcast

Well, it seems to be cable's turn. I am fighting with Comcast this time. They are, apparently, upgrading their digital service (really???) probably to compete with the other carriers. Well, it seems that we all need additional equipment just to receive the signals for some of the stations. If you do not have the equipment then you lose some (quite a lot) of your stations. So, months ago they sent a big box containing three different receivers. I connected them and pretty much tore them out not too long after. I decided to just wait until I lose those channels. Well, that time came about a month ago and I have connected those darn things. BUT, I find out that I can no longer record one channel while viewing another. Huhhhh??? Whaddup with that?? So, now I am fighting with Comcast to just get what the same level of previous service. One rep flat out says, "That ain't gonna happen." The scam is they try to sell you their DVR service. Which I do not need. All I need is an extra receiver, a splitter and an A/B switch for each of the televisions. I had to escalate up to a supervisor. Admittedly, I yelled my way through this which is really unfortunate. I have to wonder how many people have been misled and paid extra money for equipment and services they do not need. I will look into filing an FCC complaint. So what is next? Comcast will send out a technician and hook up what is necessary (hopefully, NOT a DVR) and give me a free year of equipment rental. But this is still ludicrous because that means that additional equipment fees will apply at some point just to receive the same level of service. That really blows. I will wait and see what happens tomorrow after the technician arrives. More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

And whaddup with you?